Friday, April 30, 2010

Brett Favre/Vikings?


Brett Favre is considering surgery to heal an ankle injury that has lingered since the Vikings' NFC championship game loss to the Saints in January.

Favre told ESPN he has spoken to noted surgeon James Andrews to discuss why the ankle, which was purple after the loss to the Saints (see the photos), hasn't healed:

"To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging."

The Vikings have said they are willing to wait until training camp for Favre, 40, to decide on whether to play a 20th season.

Favre had surgery last offseason on a torn biceps in his right shoulder. That procedure was also done by Andrews.

Last week, former NFL coaches Tony Dungy and Steve Mariucci both said they had spoken with Favre recently and that the QB was dealing with lingering ailments before being able to commit to a new season. -- Sean Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment